Breast Augmentation Clarksville, TN
*Breast augmentation results may vary.
Is breast augmentation right for me?
- Can you define your desired result? Or rather, do you know what you want to look like after breast augmentation? We invite you to view our Before and After Gallery to give you an idea of what we can do for you.
- Are you in good health?
- Do you have an issue that can be corrected through breast augmentation? These may include:
- Breasts that are too small
- Breasts that never fully developed
- Breasts that are uneven in shape or size
- Loss of volume with age, pregnancy, nursing, or weight loss
- Are your goals realistic and achievable?
What will I learn during my consultation with Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye at the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center of Tennessee?
As part of your consultation, Dr. Kaye will perform an examination and ask you about your aesthetic goals for the procedure. Additionally, you will be asked about your complete medical history, including past procedures and allergies.
We are happy to answer all of your questions, and we are also glad to offer our advice based on years of experience to help you make the choice that is best for you. We suggest that you expect to spend about an hour or so with us for your consultation. We are also happy to answer questions by email or phone if you think of any other questions after you leave our office.
What choices will I need to make before my breast augmentation procedure?
- Saline or silicone implants: . Both types of implants are FDA approved and have well-established safety records. During your consultation, we will discuss differences in texture, price, and follow-up care.
- Gummy bear breast implants: These popular implants are an ideal choice for patients looking for a very safe and natural-feeling option. Gummy bear implants are filled with a highly cohesive silicone gel, allowing them to retain their shape when a rupture occurs in the implant shell. The consistency of their gel filling ensures that the implants do not leak.
- Location of incision: We offer three possible incision placement options: beneath the breast (inframammary), around the areola (peri-areolar), and through the armpit (trans-axillary).
- Implant position: Implants may be placed either above or below the pectoralis muscle.
- Size of implant: We will carefully measure you during the consultation and then give you sizer implants to try on with a special bra, which allows you to choose the implant volume that works best for your desires and your body. This lets you see a preview of your new shape!
- Shape and profile of implant: The breast implant shape can either be anatomical (teardrop-shaped) or round. There are positives and negatives to each option, and these will be discussed during a consultation. Breast implants also come in a number of profiles (from low to ultra high). Profile is a measurement of projection from the chest wall.
- Do I need a lift as well as a breast augmentation?: If your breasts have dropped below a certain point, implants alone will not be sufficient to achieve the desired results; implants add volume, but they do not “lift” the breast. Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye offers lifting procedures (mastopexy) that can be done in conjunction with an augmentation to give you optimal results.
During your consultation, we will discuss each of these important decisions with you in detail. It isn’t as complex as it sounds! Some options will be better for you than others, and our team will discuss each option with you in a patient, personalized manner. While the internet is an excellent tool, it is not personalized to your individual needs. Your consultation with Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye will make the information much more understandable in a short period of time.
How is breast augmentation done?
What is recovery like after breast augmentation surgery?
To encourage rest and proper aftercare, we recommend one week without work or social obligations after the surgery. While we do encourage rest and relaxation, there is no “downtime” in bed other than normal sleep.
It will be necessary to wear a supportive post-surgical bra without underwire during your recovery process in order to support your breasts as they heal. This bra will minimize swelling. Ice packs can also be used to help reduce the bruising and swelling that appears following surgery.
We will see you after one week for recheck, and most patients are able to go back to work and normal daily activities thereafter. During this visit, we will provide you with specific instructions on resuming gym workouts as well. At the scheduled six-week recheck, we will be able to see the final shape emerging.
What will my breast augmentation results be like?
What types of incisions are performed?
There are three basic choices for incision for the breast augmentation procedure:
Each has its advantages and disadvantages. We will discuss the various factors that need to be taken into consideration during your comprehensive consultation. Learn more about each incision location below:
INFRAMAMMARY INCISION – This incision is placed in the natural crease below the breast (inframammary crease or fold), if the crease is already in the correct position. For some patients, the crease needs to be lowered or raised. The incision is placed to be where the crease will be ultimately so it sits in the shadow of the breast. This type of incision is ideal for almost all breast surgery since it provides excellent exposure for the surgeon and can be used for saline or silicone implants of any size.
PERIAREOLAR INCISION – This incision is placed along the border of the areola (brown skin around the nipple) and breast skin. This location effectively camouflages the incision and provides access for either saline or silicone implants. It can also serve to lift the areola for small lifting procedures as part of a crescent lift. It is always used during a major lifting surgery to move the areola and nipple to a new position. It might not be the best choice for a woman considering breast feeding at a later date or if preserving sensation to the nipple and areola are of primary importance, although all of these incisions have a very low rate of sensory disturbance.
TRANSAXILLARY INCISION – This incision would be located in a crease in the armpit, keeping the incision off the breast completely. After a few months, this incision becomes very hard to see. For the plastic surgeon, it is less ideal for exposure and it can be very difficult to place large silicone implants through this type of incision. It is usually combined with saline implants placed behind the muscle.
What does a breast augmentation cost at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center of Tennessee?
Why Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye?
Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye is triple boarded in Cosmetic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, and Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. His surgical training and fellowship was at Johns Hopkins Hospital, a world-famous institution, long recognized for producing some of the finest surgeons in the world. He is the recipient of both the Jackson and Miles Awards given by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery for the highest scores obtained on the Cosmetic Surgery Board exam; he is one of only two doctors who has taken this rigorous examination to achieve this honor. He also serves as an examiner of other physicians seeking this certification.
Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye has safely performed tens of thousands of surgical procedures and is committed to excellence in patient care and safety on a daily basis. His facility has received complete accreditation by the Institute for Medical Quality to assure compliance with the highest standards in outpatient surgical care.
Dr. Mitchell D. Kaye is regularly called on to instruct other surgeons in cosmetic surgery at courses across the United States for the latest in breast augmentation and other cosmetic surgery procedures.
Arrange An Appointment
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center of Tennessee, we offer a number of effective procedures, including breast augmentation in Clarksville, TN. To arrange an informative consultation and find out more about what the procedure can do for you, contact our office today.